Two-component epoxy resin system: resin and curing agent.
Transparent and solid, perfectly imitates glass paste.
Allows the creation of moulds, inclusions up to 2 cm thick for a small volume, coatings or laminates.
Intended for experienced and professional users.
- Transparent resin,
- Simply dosing,
- Very solid,
- Can be used as a varnish.
Use: creation in volume, moulding of decorative objects, frames, friezes, tableware, moulding subjects, jewellery, bars, marbling techniques, etc.
Avoid the insertion of products such as plants, food, insects etc.
Media: casting for moulding on cards, paper, glass, faience, metal, silicone, painted wood, plastic.
Setting time: surface 12 hours and centre 24 hours.
Maintenance of creations: light cleaning with a damp cloth.
Storage: 6 months in its closed pot after opening the bottle.
Ideal storage temperature: For the liquid resin-curing agent pair, service life is improved if they are stored well closed in their original packaging at a temperature between 15°C and 25°C. Keep away from frost.
Once cured, the resin will not withstand prolonged exposure to temperatures exceeding 50°C.
Cleaning of the equipment used: commercially available alcohol at 70°C or hydro-alcoholic gel.
Moulding of decorative objects, bottoms of trays, jewellery creations, decoration of media, inclusions of maximum 2cm thickness with a small volume. If applied in a thin layer, Crystal Resin gives a varnished effect to your creations.
1. Into a clean, dry container, first pour 1 dose of Crystal B curing agent and then 2 doses of Crystal Resin A.
2. Mix the two components thoroughly into the corners of the container. (Incomplete mixing does not guarantee curing, while over-vigorous mixing causes bubble formation.) Transfer the mixture to a second container and mix again to ensure the homogeneity of the resin and optimal curing.
3. Pour into the medium of your choice.
4. Leave to dry for 24 hours away from dust. The setting is progressive and variable depending on the ambient temperature and humidity.
- To determine the amount of each component and avoid wasting the product, fill the mould to be used with water and pour into a measuring container: one third of the volume is for the curing agent and two thirds are for the resin. Dry the mould and the measuring container well before pouring the Crystal Resin inside.
- The resin takes on the surface appearance of the medium in which it is cast. A matte mould gives a matte finish, while a glossy mould gives a glossy finish.
- To give a glossy finish to a creation with a matte finish, apply a thin layer of Gédéo GLOSS+ varnish or Gédéo Crystal Resin.
- Sand the surfaces before re-applying to the cured resin.
- To allow the shaping of your creation, you can remove it from the mould after 12 hours of drying and e.g. place your moulding around a bottle to give it a curved shape. Complete curing occurs after 24 hours.
- We recommend you to protect your creations by applying a layer of gloss Bindex 24 hours before casting the Crystal Resin.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes, and wear gloves.
- Only objects cast in metal moulds provided for this purpose can be used as jewellery
- Do not mix the components of Gédéo Crystal Resin with the components of the Gédéo Glazing Resin.
- Do not exceed 150 ml of Crystal Resin preparation per mix to limit any risk of overheating.
- Gédéo resins are not intended to come into contact with food.
- Crystal resin applications, even when dry, do not withstand contact with water.
Paper, cardboard, glass, wood, metal and fabrics must be sorted